Monday, October 05, 2009


Yesterday I went to the farm stand down the road with mom and we ran into my third grade teacher. She was one of my favorites and we even used to see her in Florida during my April vacations. She still teaches there, and we were talking about my job search. We started talking about Oregon, and as soon as I said "camp for children with diabetes" she started laughing and said "of course." (It was in her class where I passed out for the first time. I was sitting at my desk and all of a sudden my head was on my desk.) Mom continued the conversation with, "Her father and I are surprised that she came home. We thought she was going to find a way to stay out there." I know that Mom has always said that, but dad has been vocal about even Boston being too far away. The way mom said it though came across as a blessing more than anything else. So in my daily job search this morning, I found two great jobs in the greater Portland area that look good (if I can't become a nanny.) In this economy, its hard to get excited about any application, but knowing mom & dad would be okay with me being so far away definitely makes me feel better about it. Of course, there were jobs in this area too. But I would love a job out there.

"The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places."

No comments:

Post a Comment