Saturday, November 14, 2009

Job Fair

I have just returned from the Pat's Peak job fair where I have been hired to work in the childcare. :) I have never attended a job fair before, but I imagine that most job fairs are not like this. While they are probably set up the same way, this one was, as I have found the best way to describe it, a high school party. While these kids have probably always thought that this is their perfect job for an after school/weekend job (and they aren't wrong), they didn't seem to understand that they are now competing with people who have much more experience than they do, are more professional, and are willing to work for anything, since all they want is a job. The amount of confidence among these kids was astounding. I have to say though, while I say "this is the worst economy t o graduate in," it must also be tough for these high school and college kids to gain experience. Again, return to the first sentence, :)

No comments:

Post a Comment